Mimic muscles move when we get angry, sad or surprised, or cry and squint. Due to this, the skin of the face gets wrinkled. The wrinkles become permanent when we keep doing these movements. These wrinkles have various grades according to mimic habits, sun exposure time, skin and muscle structure, and age and gender.
What You should know / Frequently Ask Questions
The material used in botox procedure is a type of protein which is excreted by a bacterium named “clostridium botulinum”.
This material reduces or annihilates the function of the muscle in the operation area by blockading the electrical conduction from nerves to muscles. When the muscle loses its function and cannot strain, the wrinkles of the skin on the muscle decrease or vanish. You cannot use these muscles under botox effect. Thus, you lose many of the facial expressions like being happy or sad, especially being surprised and mad. The skin finds the opportunity to improve itself in this period. Botox is not a miracle. It won’t cause any permanent change in your face.
Also, it won’t bring you back 20 years. Botox procedures only provide temporary cure for the wrinkles in the various areas of the face.
- Horizontal lines in the forehead
- The lines between both eyebrows which cause beetle brow
- Lifting up both sides of the eyebrows
- The lines and wrinkles (crow’s foot) located in both sides of the eyes which show aging in the face
- Improving the complaints of the lines and squint in the lower eyelid
- Horizontal lines near nasal bridge
- Lifting up the tip of the nose
- Exposing the upper gingiva when smiled
- Horizontal lines in the upper and lower lips (smoker’s lines)
- Lifting up the lip edges
- The horizontal line between the lower lip and chin
- Providing a smoother skin of the chin
- Treatment for the horizontal lines and vertical bands in the neck
- Treatment for over-sweating in the hands, feet, face and armpits
The treatment site is cleaned 30-45 minutes before the procedure and local anesthetic cream is applied. The material of botox is injected through several points with special needles which have very thin ends. No complaint that makes the patient feel uncomfortable occurs.
The doctors don’t lie the patient down. Instead, the patient is taken to half-sitting position. The injections are implied with 30 G needles, with 30-45 degrees angle. Approximately 4-7 units of botox are injected to every point (this dosage can be changed by the doctor). The entire implementation takes 10-15 minutes.
The patient should not use mimics (e.g. not smile) and not lie down for 4 hours after the treatment (Otherwise the medication can spread out. The aim is to achieve its effect in the place where it was implied to).
The patient can wash his/her face just after botox procedure and all kinds of make up product can be used. Massage should not be given to the injected areas after botox procedure.
Especially, those areas should not be rubbed so much when removing the makeup. Exercises like aerobic and step should not be done for two days. The patient is called for a control examination after 15 days, if it’s necessary.
The effect of botox starts 3-7 days after the implementation and this effect lasts 3-4 months.
The effect of botox can last up to 12 months when the number of implementations increases.
Botox is used for aesthetic purposes for 15 years. Its use for muscle diseases goes a long way back. Any side effects of botox have not been detected in this time period. Botox is certified by US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is in use around the world.
This material reduces or annihilates the function of the muscle in the operation area by blockading the electrical conduction from nerves to muscles.
When the muscle loses its function and cannot strain, the wrinkles of the skin on the muscle decrease or vanish.
- Redness, cyanosis or swelling (1-2 days) in the injection site can occur
- Temporary headache
- Ptosis (droopy eyelid): It improves by the time
It is non-allergic. A test is not needed for sensitivity